Wednesday, April 20, 2011

'Tis the Ordering Season!

So I realize I have been terrible at posting new articles! I have a wonderful excuse though... things have been absolutely crazy here at the Maggi Bridal! Which is a good thing for me and the boutique, but not so good for my blog! I will try my hardest to not let myself slack anymore.

Since I am somewhat on the topic, I thought I would discuss what things are like in the world of ordering bride's and bridesmaid's dresses since it is the season for doing so! The phone is ringing off the hook, girls are coming in through a constant stream of appoinments, and orders are being placed daily!

What is important to remember is that most every designer requires 10-12 weeks ordering time before the dress will be ready, meaning ready to send out. It is best to plan for that or else you may have to pay a rush fee to get it to you in time for the wedding. I always suggest trying to get the dress in a month before the wedding so that you have enough time for alterations, which often take 2 weeks, and so that you and the bride don't have to stress that it's cutting it too close to the wedding.

Regardless of the dress, bride or bridesmaid, or the detail or silhouette, or really even the designer, it will take the standard 10-12 weeks, unless rushed of course. But who wants to pay extra?! So with all that in mind ordering the dress 3-4 months before the wedding is best. Hope this helps ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment